The Command Center is a state-of-the-art computerized alarm and video surveillance system which is staffed by Virginia State University security personnel on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis. All command center personnel are fully trained on the operation of the FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel) and emergency response procedures through extensive training complete with background check. Security can be arranged for your event through the Event Manager.
All persons entering the arena during an event are subject to screening, visual inspection, and a bag inspection conducted by MPC’s security and event personnel. The Multi-Purpose Center’s event security will conduct their inspections with respect toward the guests’ dignity and legal rights. In no circumstance shall the inspections be conducted in a discriminatory manner or pattern.
This search is required for the safety and security of the guests, the artists, the facility, and its staff. If an item is found on a guest during the search, it is the discretion of The Multi-Purpose Center management whether entrance to the event will be granted.
Items not permitted into the arena include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Weapons, firearms, explosives, pepper spray, tear gas, etc.
- Lighters and vapes
- Outside food or beverage
- Glass bottles, metal cans, etc.
- Signs/flags/banners larger than 11”x17”and any affixed pole.
- Fireworks, slingshots, laser pointers, etc.
- Professional camera equipment, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, GoPros, etc. (unless otherwise specified by your event)
- Video or recording devices
- Dead or living animals (excluding service animals)
- Water guns, toy/replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, stickers
- Beach balls, Frisbees, balloons or other projectiles
- Skateboards, rollerblades, skates, hoverboards, etc.
- Any and all bags exceeding the maximum size limit of 16x15x6. (i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc.)
- Laptops or tablets
- No wrapped gifts are permitted to enter the building at any time under any circumstances.
Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the arena without refund and may be subject to arrest. If illegal items are confiscated, the Police Department may be brought in to investigate the matter.
No commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited unless authorized by team/promoter or performer.
Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:
- Lenses greater than two inches in length
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods, tripods, selfie sticks, or drones
- Flash photography equipment of any kind
Guests may not bring audio or video recording devices into the arena. These devices include, but are not limited to: video cameras, camcorders and audio recording devices.
Any equipment not conforming to these rules must be removed from the premises or left with the Guest Services Center on the Upper Concourse during the event.
All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the arena and may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
The following disturbances are all causes for ejection from The Multi-Purpose Center:
- Standing on chairs
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- “Mooning” or exposing private body parts
- Interfere with or delay of game/event
- Violation of The Multi-Purpose Center event policies
- Violation of local, state, or federal laws and statutes
- Throw, discharge, or launch any solid or liquid substance or object
- Ignition and display of flames, i.e. lighters/matches in the arena bowl
- Attempting to enter the field of play, rink, or stage without permission
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another guest/employee
- Using profanity and/or offensive words which are like to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees, performers, or facility staff
*Please note: The Multi-Purpose Center management reserves the right to determine whether or not a guest/patron shall be fully ejected from the arena.
EMTs and a Paramedic, provided by Chesterfield County, are on duty for all events. The First Aid Station is located on the north east side of the concourse behind section 107. Back of house needs can be arranged through the event manager in advance of the event.
All house radios are for arena personnel and will not be provided by The Multi-Purpose Center. However, a radio can be provided to the show production contact by the event manager.
Any signage or banners for events within or around the immediate property of The Multi-Purpose Center will need to have prior approval from the building before being hung. Signs are not permitted to be taped to any fixtures or walls in the building.
The Multi-Purpose Center will comply with any camera policy dictated by the promoter, event, show or artist. House policy only allows point and shoot cameras. All iPads, video cameras, selfie sticks, and extended lenses will not be allowed in unless requested by show.
The Multi-Purpose Center is a smoke free building.